At Green Gates Primary School, we care about the wellbeing of both our pupils and staff and we are always looking for ways that we can help support our school family. This year, we are working incredibly hard to achieve the Wellbeing Award.
This whole-school award focuses on ensuring effective practice and provision is in place that promotes the emotional wellbeing and mental health of both staff and pupils.
The award has a focus on changing the long-term culture of a school, and embedding an ethos where mental health is regarded as the responsibility of all.
With this award, schools can:
- Show their commitment to promoting mental health as part of school life
- Improve the emotional wellbeing of their staff and pupils
- Ensure mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided
- Offer provision and interventions that matches the needs of its pupils and staff
- Engage the whole-school community in the importance of mental health awareness
- Capture the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health
We have just started our journey to achieving this award and hope to have it in place this academic year. You will find our action plan below with all of the details.
For useful help and guidance for mental health support, please see the link below.