Here at Green Gates, we pride ourselves on providing a high-quality Physical Education curriculum that inspires every child to succeed, promoting excellence and equality for all. We believe that all our children should leave primary school physically literate, with a memorable experience of playing, leading and competing in a range of challenging and enjoyable active opportunities; developing sporting values, friendship and a life-long passion for physical activity and sport.
Our Intent is:
- To inspire all pupils to enjoy, succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities;
- To develop confidence and competence in a range of skills;
- To provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness;
- To provide our children with opportunities to compete in sport and other activities to build character and help to embed core values such as fairness and respect;
- To teach pupils how to live a healthy and active lifestyle;
- To develop a positive attitude towards physical education.
All of our hard work at Green Gates has been rewarded as we have been successful in a School Games Mark application. We were awarded Gold which highlights all our efforts in sports and P.E. including competitions and after school provision. Well done Green Gates!